Monday, December 04, 2006

all day...

...I've had a rock in my right front pocket. When my fingers slip between the fabric and find it, I smile to myself. This rock is my lasting reminder of one of the best hours of my life...an hour spent on the beach with three of my best friends the night of my 20th birthday. Memories of praying and dancing and attempted trespassing and worshipping and taking scores of pictures and holding our breath through tunnels all spring to mind when I reach into my pocket and find this small five-sided rock. And it reminds me of the goodness of God, of the longing for Him I get when I'm at my happiest. And it reminds me that even the week before finals cannot dwarf His love for me or defeat His care for me. And for that I am very thankful.

6 comments:

miriam said...

aren't you glad i picked it up for you?

i think my soul instinctively knows what yours will like...

Kristi said...

Awww...it sounds like so much fun. I miss ya too much girlfriend.

Balvanz said...

That was beautiful, Jillian. I love your writing. :)

Balvanz said...

Anxiously awaiting your next post.... :)

Anonymous said...

jillian i love you so much. i hope you know that. and i love that you have a rock.... you're so cool.

Balvanz said...

Hey Jill!! It was so fun to get to see you for a teeny weeny bit after the game...I hope this semester is a wonderful one for you!! :)