Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Scholarship Update

"A man can receive nothing unless it has been given him from heaven." John 3:27

This was the verse in my devotions the morning of my interview for the President's Scholarship. When I read this, I was overwhelmed by God's loving care in showing me that exact verse that morning. It's a truth I have clung to throughout the weeks of uncertainty following the interview process.

I'm still not 100% sure if I got the scholarship or not, but it looks like I didn't. I got my "financial aid award letter" and there was no mention of the President's Scholarship. However, there was also no mention of the $5000 scholarship I am guaranteed if I don't get the President's Scholarship...so I just don't know what's going on. We're trying to get in contact with Master's to get this and other questions answered.

God is still so very good though. We've been thinking it through, and we really might be able to swing going even if I don't get the President's. We got some financial aid through grants that I didn't think I was going to get and there are other things we can do and are doing. Sometimes when it comes down to something like this, I begin to wonder if I'm truly doing what God wants. I used to say I wasn't going to Master's unless I got the President's, because that would be to me a clear and definite leading. But now that I've visited there twice, I really feel like it's the right place for me to be. So now I'm trying through other ways to make it happen, and I wonder if I'm just wasting energy to get something to happen that isn't going to happen.

Pray that God's leading will be clear and that He will give us unity and peace as we embark on this totally new adventure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
Just letting you know, I'm praying for you. God has a plan for you, whether it invloves Masters or not. Just keep looking to Him (as you have been), and he will guide you.
-Karin

Caleb Breakey said...

Just to know you were selected is awsome...Don't worry about it -- It's all in God's hands.

Only by His grace,
Caleb

Balvanz said...

I'll pray for you, Jill. God is sovereign and has everything planned out! You don't know what's around the corner, but you know that He'll be there! Trust Him.

Justin C. said...

Yes, God is good. You will be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Jill- I love you so much. Your writing dances with my soul in calming rhythm. May the Lord continue to use you at the keyboard for his glory!
Love you lots, Mom