Wednesday, April 26, 2006

these nights i get high just from breathing...

How can life be so beautiful and so painful all at once?

The end of the semester is upon us once again, and I am tired just thinking of all I have to do in the next three weeks.

Today was amazing...a picnic in a beautiful abandoned cabin with some of my favorite people...wading in a stream, frolicking in a field, eating food from our childhoods, listening to "Drops of Jupiter" with all the windows rolled down...

Today was convicting...I read the book of Hebrews...amazing and scary...

I was going to write a long post about Skid Row, but I feel that my readership might be bored of the topic and miriam posted a wonderful entry about it anyways. Suffice it to say that I nearly bought a tent and moved down there. I just love and ache for these people so much that a few hours and a small taco doesn't cut it at all. I wish I was able to do more...but I can't.

For those of you who don't know yet, I will be interning in Oklahoma for two months this summer...working with inner city kids, which I think is one of my passions, but I need to find out for sure...and I am so excited for the opportunity. God is going to stretch me, for sure...and I can't wait!

Reading poetry is one of the small pleasures in my life...my Norton's Anthology of Poetry is like a treasure chest every time I open it. A very abnormal and eclectic treasure chest, yes, but still a treasure chest.

Have you ever read a book and found parts of your own soul staring back at you? It's scary. That happened to me the other day...I had to go for a drive to organize my thoughts...came to no conclusion but saw God's greatness more clearly, which is always wonderful.

I love people so much....but I don't love them enough. You know?

I use the words "amazing" and "wonderful" and "beautiful" far too often. I wish I had a larger vocabulary...or the English language had more words...or something. Oh for heaven...

Well, the hour is late and I should be writing something else so...
love love and a sweet soy latte to you all!

No comments: