Monday, July 25, 2005

Santa Biblia

So I've added yet another crazy purchase to my life. I bought a Bible in Spanish, and I am enjoying it so much! It was another one of those impulsive buys, and I was afraid I would regret it, but that hasn't been the case. I love turning to familiar verses and then reading them in Spanish. When it's in a foreign language, I pay more attention to things like verb tenses and the purpose of each individual word. It's also fun to tackle an unfamiliar passage with my trusty dictionary in hand, struggling to understand each new word. It's opening up a different enjoyment of the Bible for me. Because I have to struggle to read it, I pay more attention to the little things.

"So what's the point, Jillian?" You may be asking. Well, here it is: Now I really want to learn Greek. If it's so cool to read the Bible in simply a different language, how much cooler would it be to read it in the original language?

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Kristi and I once started learning Greek, believe me its hard!

Caleb Breakey said...

I got my wireless working in class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So I just got your comment on my LJ; no worries, it did make it in time. I actually did get an e-mail from you a while ago about the party, so I guess that means you have my e-mail address. And my home phone # is in the church directory. :) So I'll see ya tomorrow and thanks for checking up on me. :P