Wednesday, June 14, 2006

...there's nothing else i need anymore...

Snapshots of my life as of late:

God is everything. I am only a barefoot nineteen-year-old girl standing in front of a class of children whose pasts are filled with more hurt than I can imagine. I am inadequate. I am more than inadequate. I am nothing.

My heart has been stolen...irrevokably. I love these kids with a passion I can't describe...and I break for them with a pain I can't describe.

God's plans are bigger than mine.

I'm more content than I've ever been. I'm more exhausted than I've ever been. And it's a good feeling to be exhausted working for the kingdom.

Sin is sneaky. Yeah. Really sneaky. It attacks when I'm not looking, lies in ways I forget to look for, and is bent on ruining my witness. Oh God, guard me in the shelter of Your wings!

I want today, tomorrow to be a time for dancing and laughing and embracing, but I can't demand my times. My times are in His hands. And that's where they're the safest.

"Let us know; let us press on to know the LORD;
His going out is sure as the dawn;
He will come to us as the showers,
as the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:3
Amen! Come quickly Lord Jesus!
Much love...from the depths of my heart...
Jillian Rose

No comments: