Friday, February 25, 2005

Musings from Masters

Well...the interview's done. It's a huge weight off...but another one on. I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight because of many goings-over of all I said, how I conducted myself, etc.

The interview was, in a word, horrible. I didn't understand some of the questions, I couldn't focus my thoughts or get the words out that I wanted to say, and I even got teary-eyed! Can you believe it? I don't know if I've ever done worse! But Dr. Jones was SOOO nice, and understanding, and funny...even though I was so completely stressed out and practically blubbering.

Please, please, please pray for me dear friends that I will be able to leave this interview and this scholarship securely in God's hands, trusting in HIS entirely perfect, beautiful plan. He knows so much better than I what I need, and what He wills WILL come to fruition.

I want to thank you all for your constant love and support...and for the fact that you will still love me and believe in me (I hope) even if I don't get it. You guys are awesome!

On a happier note, I love this college! This trip has just been such a confirmation that I really want to go here. The people here are so nice, and I can just sense God here. "Where two or three are gathered in MY name..."

It's been sunny, but as I was sitting in Dr. Jones' office, I heard some low rumbling. When I got out, there was a full-fledged thunderstorm going on. For some odd reason, it really cheered me up! The huge raindrops and flashes of lightening expressed my feeling better than I could have, so I just laughed and thanked God for sending me a thunderstorm when I was feeling like one myself. And then...yes...I danced a little in the rain. :-)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Of course we still love you and believe in you silly! :)
Seriously, I am so proud of you Jill. It doesn't matter what comes of the interview. I happen to know that you are an exceptionally talented and bright girl, full of love and joy, and I am excited to see what God is going to do in your life. (God's plans for you are NOT going to be messed up if you happen to not get the scholarship ;)
Hang in there sister!

Anonymous said...

Jilly-Rose, my darling! Of course we will ALWAYS love and believe in you! I am EVER SO proud of you for even having the courage to go to that interview. I'm sure it wasn't the horrible train wreck that you proclaim it to be...trust in the Lord and He will guide you to heights unknown. You are one of the brightest people I know, with talents and intellect far beyond what you believe. Don't worry, be happy, and no matter what happens, remember that we all love you!