Monday, February 07, 2005

Revive

I am so stoked!

I know, "stoked" isn't a term I typically use, but I've been hanging around the Revive "Vice President of Logistics" and it's kind of rubbed off.

Revive is a new club at Whatcom Community College. It's a Christian club, and the meetings are Mondays from 11:00 to 12:00. I just got back from a meeting and it was, in a word, awesome! There are so many ways that this club is reaching out to the campus and the community, and also ways we're trying to promote fellowship on campus.

Today we almost filled up the table in the boardroom. We had about three people who came for the first time, plus the illustrious reporter C. Jennings Breakey. Add that to the regulars, not so regulars, and the in-and-out pastors, and the table was full.

Revive is trying to do one service project a month plus one social event a quarter. Also, they've brought Alpha to the campus, and girl's and guy's Bible studies are going through 1 Corinthians. We want to set up a debate between a Creation scientist and a professor on campus, and we're trying to work it out so we can show 'The Passion' on Good Friday. Wouldn't that be cool?

But the thing I'm most excited about is the spring break missions trip to Mexico. I'm going! I really can't believe it, but it's true. I am thrilled to be able to do this...to whet my appetite for missions and really see if this is something I would be interested in. And it will make all my Spanish classes worthwhile!

You could just feel the enthusiasm in the room today as we talked about our service project, Salt on the Street, which we did Saturday night. Everyone who went had been impacted in some way, and many want to go again next week! Our president unveiled the new logo, and we discussed promoting the club, future projects, and prayer requests.

We are all so different (we even have our "token Democrat" as we call him) but it was awesome to see everyone come together in the name of Jesus and plan how to impact our college. I can't wait for next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jill! I'm so excited for you about the missions trip! (and a little jelous too=) When do you leave?
-Karin