Monday, February 28, 2005

Signs of Spring: Softball!

Guess what? Softball season is here!

Yeah, it's only February, but there's already been two full-fledged Sunday practices, and the promise of more to come.

I'm not playing this year because of overwhelming school committments, but I've still managed to make it to both of the practices, and I really enjoyed it. I'm glad they let me watch and hang out and even throw a few balls even though I'm not officially on the team.

Softball has been such a part of my life growing up. I can hardly recall a spring that my dad didn't play, and all the rest of us would drive out to Lynden to watch him...I get nostalgic thinking about it. :-)

I am excited for this next year because I get to watch once again, to be part of the great tradition of SBCC softball fans. You see a whole other side of our church, and I really like it. I also just love the entire sensory experience of our softball games.

The late games are the best because they play under the lights. The fans snuggle up under blankets with coffee from The Woods in hand. I can see it right now...and I can't wait for the games to begin! See you on the field guys! I hope you come up with some great ball-playing. :-)

5 comments:

Caleb Breakey said...

Hi Jillian,
Thank you so much for taking my paper in today -- I really appreciate it.
I'm still not feeling well at all. My temperature has been jumping and falling a lot today, but my body feels a little better -- I'm not shaking anymore.
One positive is that you posted this blog within minutes of when I awoke -- how sick is that? (lol...that can be used in two ways...that's awesome.)

Thanks again Jillian. You are a great friend in season and out of season.

Only by His grace,
Caleb

P.S. Any school worth mentioning?

Anonymous said...

YES!!!!!!!!! I luv softball:) It's finally here!!!! This year the co-ed team IS going to win more than just two games:) Have you seen Emily play? She is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HI I LOVE YOU!! YOAH SISTA=

Anonymous said...

Hi Jonies!! I knooooow!! I ABSOLUTELY looooooove softball 2! And this is gonna be you best season EVER!!! SBCC RULES!!!!!!!!!
Okay, breathe, oohhhhhh, ahhhhh. Breathe. Alright, well, BYEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
Love, person!

Jillian said...

Wow Lydia...just settle down...it'll be alright, I promise! Only a week and two days till the first game...you CAN live till then, can't you? :-)