Thursday, May 19, 2005

Not in My Strength

Now I'm terrified.

I've been so looking forward to going to CYIA as a fourth year student. Everything is so familiar and I know all the ins and outs of how things work. I know so many people, all the supervisors and higher-ups support me, and I just really enjoy it even though it's a packed week.

But now that's all changed. I've agreed to be a supervisor. When Natalie asked me, I immediately knew it was something I needed to do because of my internal upheaval. I instantly didn't want to do it, and the only reason was because I thought I couldn't. But I know from past experience at CYIA that His grace is sufficient for me...His power is made perfect in my weakness. After thinking it over, I decided that I should do it just because of my misgivings. I decided not to let my pride get in the way. My pride would only have me do the comfortable things, the things I know I can do. But when I get outside of my comfort zone, that is when God shows Himself magnificently faithful.

So I do have to go to pretraining to learn something new now. I have to learn to be a supervisor. Oh, wow, how I tremble at the thought. But He is faithful and will complete what He has begun in me. Pray that I will always rely on Him and that I will be an awesome supervisor!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Jillian, you'll will be an awesome supervisor! I no idea you were even thinking about being one. I will most certainly be praying for you:)